1 Review from the ApartmentAdvisor Community
"ATTENTION - Prospective SpiceTree Tenants"
A year ago SpiceTree Apartments was purchased by APM, LLC. APM has been renovating the apartments extensively with trendy features.
Although the trendy features are attractive, any prospective tenant should carefully note other features that should not exist in a high-rent apartment.
1. Storage space: Installation of two basins in larger apartments essentially eliminated all valuable countertop space. There are no medicine cabinet or counter drawers for bathroom storage.
2. Towel rack: A single rack is installed. This is insufficient if there are two or more tenants. Additionally the toilet roll is directly under the towel rack. If the towel is wet, the toilet roll can become damp.
1. Garbage disposal: SpiceTree apartments do not have garbage disposal units. This is extremely inconvenient and unusual for high rent apartments.
2. Counter top: The dual sink in a larger apartment reduces significant counter space and is an inconvenience for tenant requiring counter space for food preparation.
Flooring: The new thin simulated wood floor planks are layered over uneven cement surface which means one feels like walking on inferior wood floor over air spaces.
Closet Doors: Closet doors are very old, close with difficulty, and should have been replaced.
CENTRAL AIR CONDITIONING:
1. Age: SpiceTree was built in the 1960’s and central air conditioning units have not been replaced. This means the cooling is extremely costly to operate. If you run the air conditioner 24/7 during the peak summer months to cool top floors, the cost can be $12-$15 a day.
2. Suggestion: If you expect to spend considerable time in a SpiceTree apartment during summer months you should strongly consider renting a first floor, north facing apartment, or be prepared to pay a hefty rate to cool your apartment to a livable temperature.
Stayed 2010 to 2016, lived with roommates in a 2 bedroom, 1 bathroom apartment
Pricing and Floor Plans
|0 beds / 1 bath||$745||400 sqft|
|1 bed / 1 bath||$860 - $1050||525 - 800 sqft|
|2 beds / 1 bath||$1050 - $1154||750 - 1000 sqft|
|3 beds / 1 bath||$1150||1000 sqft|
|3 beds / 1.5 baths||$1155||1000 sqft|
|Prices and availability subject to change without notice.|
Location of Spicetree Apartments42.2474300 -83.6644540
About Spicetree Apartments
Address: 4854 Washtenaw Avenue, Ann Arbor, MI 48108
Is This Your ApartmentAdvisor Listing?
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.Claim Your Listing